It’s time to close. Here’s what you need to know.
- You will start receiving third-party offers and other items in the mail referencing your new mortgage – some of it may even reference Academy Mortgage and your loan amount and other loan details. Feel free to text us or email us a picture of what you received with any questions you have, and we are more than happy to help you determine if you can disregard it (or not).
- You will get solicited to refinance your mortgage along the way. Some of the offers you will receive may seem like the “offer of a lifetime”. Don’t hesitate to give us a call to review what you’ve received, and we’ll let you know the pros and cons behind what that offer. Remember, as your mortgage consultants, we can handle these for you.
- You will also receive offers from other companies – life insurance (called mortgage protection insurance), home alarm systems, deed costs, etc. We know plenty of local, first-rate vendors that offer similar services – and they’re great and affordable, too! We’re more than happy to refer you to our trusted vendors, rather than you taking your chances somewhere else.
- Your mortgage servicer will change over the life of your loan (potentially multiple times). If you receive communication regarding this, we encourage you to check with us and we’ll answer any questions you’ll have.
- Your payment will change over time because of taxes and insurance. The cost of insurance increases over time, so it is good practice to review it yearly to ensure you’re paying a good price. Again, if you need help finding a vendor, let us know.
We’re always here and more than happy to help. But knowing this information now will save you stress and time down the line. Contact us if you have questions.