Our state bond program just got better! We can now offer down payment assistance for qualified borrowers! Some products offer 100% financing on fixed rates! Ask us today how we can get you into a home with no down payment!
We specialize in helping first-time buyers:
- Most of our borrowers are first-time buyers with modest incomes
- We offer our own educational resources as well as access to a large network of certified home buyer education providers
- Easy-to-understand, fixed rate loans with no hidden fees, adjustable rates, or other surprises
- Low-and no-down payment options
Down payment assistance helps you get into a home, with less money down:
- Up to 10% of the purchase price of the home (up to a maximum of $50,000) to help qualified borrowers*, buying in one of Massachusetts’ 28 Gateway Cities, come up with a down payment
- Up to 10% of the purchase price of the home (up to a maximum of $30,000) to help qualified borrowers*, buying in any Massachusetts city or town. Learn more at www.masshousing.com/dpa
Purchase & Renovation, all in one:
- Financing for both the purchase of a home and renovation costs
- A great choice when you want to buy the fixer-upper
- A single, monthly mortgage payment that is easy to manage
Any one of these choices offered by MassHousing, the State’s Affordable Housing Bank, is just right for a first time homebuyer or those looking to move up or refinance. With flexible underwriting and fixed-rate financing, a MassHousing Mortgage is the perfect loan for low- and moderate-income households. To learn more about the MassHousing Mortgage and to get useful homebuying information, borrowers should should contact The Jean Group.
Mortgage insurance that gives you options and saves you money:
- Borrowers who use MassHousing mortgage insurance receive payment protection at no additional cost. If you lose your job, we’ll cover your principal and interest for up to 6 months
- Discounted mortgage insurance premiums for income eligible borrowers
- Mortgage insurance premiums can be paid monthly or with a one-time payment
- FHA (Federal Housing Administration) insurance available on some loans
*To be eligible for down payment assistance, borrowers mut be first-time buyers. Income limits apply and vary by region. Income limits can be viewed at www.masshousing.com/limits. Other eligibility criteria apply. Down payment assistance available on 1–4 family homes, condos, and Planne Unit Developments (PUDs).